I want to take part...what can I do?
The Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi – Bianchi is open to everyone over 18 (eighteen), of both sexes, member of FCI or other Council Bodies (UISP, CSI, ACSI) or with a Daily Card.
No, however, people over 65 (sixty five) years of age are only allowed to cycle on the 89.4 km course.
Yes. Anyone not having an annual card from F.C.I. or other Council bodies can subscribe to a Daily F.C.I. Card for a fee of 10.00 Euros; the card is requested upon registration; the card regulates the athlete’s position ensuring him/her multi-risk insurance + third party liability coverage foreseen for annual members, limitedly to the day it is used.
In order to obtain the Daily Card, regardless of the chosen course, pursuant to FCI 2019 regulations, a medical fitness certificate for competitive cycling ( no triathlon, no athletics, no football, no skiing, no other disciplines ) is necessary (the certificate must be currently valid) and an Ethic Declaration must be signed (available online at www.felicegimondi.it or at the office of the Organiser’s secretary).
No, registration closes at 24:00 on 13th April 2019.
Yes, also online. You can register more than one participant by other methods (via Fax, Post, E-mail or at G.M. Sport’s office) using the form intended for teams (duly filled out with all data concerning the various athletes) and paying one total amount.
Yes, you can register by entering your card details even if no longer valid. Afterwards, in order to be allowed to take part in the granfondo, you must present a valid 2018 card by 13th April 2019.
– Euro 36.00 (from November 5th, 2018 to March 31st, 2019)
– Euro 51.00 (from April 1st to April 13th, 2019)
Included: back and front race numbers, magazine/program, general information, membership fee, timing service, TDS chip (attached directly to the front race number), souvenir (medal delivered after the finish), diploma (customizable via web site), pasta-party voucher, accompanying person’s pasta-party voucher, medical assistance, technical assistance (no repair parts), supply, final refreshment, showers, bike deposit upon arrival, results notified via sms and e-mail).
– Euro 70.00 (from November 5nd, 2018 to April 31st, 2019)
– Euro 85.00 (from April 1st to April 13th, 2019)
In addition to the above, the fee includes the 23nd official “Felice Gimondi” jersey produced by Santini sports knitwear factory in Energy fabric, short sleeved, long zip, with exclusive “Tribute to the magnificent 7” limited edition design.
There are three ways to register:
a) at G.M.S. asd, Via G. Da Campione, 24/c -24124 Bergamo (tel. +39 035.211721 – fax + 39 035.4227971)
b) by bank transfer in the name of G.M.S. asd – Banco BPM account IBAN code: IT53U0 5034 11121 0000000 26564 (for international bank transfers BIC code: BAPPIT21AA1) indicating “Registration Athlete’s Name and Surname”. A copy of the receipt of the bank transfer must be sent with the duly completed and signed registration form via Fax (+39 035 4227971) or mail (G.M.S. asd – Via G. Da Campione, 24/c -24124 Bergamo – Italy) or via E-mail (email@example.com).
c) Online, following the step by step procedure and paying the fee with credit card, directly from the official website: www.felicegimondi.com
In case of inaccurate or incomplete data, the Organising Committee will contact you via phone or email (thus it is compulsory to indicate your mobile number and email address). Registration for the 23nd Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi – Bianchi 2019 is officially completed by filling out the registration form accurately and completely, and transmitting it to the Organizing Committee.
I have registered...and now?
After 15 days from your registration, you can check your status by clicking here
Attention: you must notify the 2019 registration details.
Race numbers from no. 601 onwards are exclusively assigned based on the time and date of transmission or submission of the duly completed registration form.
No confirmation letter nor other notices will be sent concerning registrations. Just show up on Saturday May 4th, 2019 at Lazzaretto (Municipal Stadium of Bergamo) from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. with the original payment receipt, the original medical fitness certificate for competitive cycling (if required) and a valid original identity document.
Registration fees are non-refundable. Nonetheless, the registered athlete who can’t take part in the Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi – Bianchi 2019 is offered the possibility to transfer his/her registration to another person. An administration fee of 10.00 € will be applied. Substitutions will be accepted until April 13th, 2019.
All women, the organising committee’s guests, 32 habituèe, 2018 Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi’s best ranked first 100 on the 162.1 km course, first 50 on 128.8 km course, first 25 on 89.4 km course (if duly enrolled within Friday April 13th, 2019). The other grids will refer to the registration date. However, the first grid is guaranteed to all assignees having signed up within Friday April 13th, 2019.
- By car: Bergamo can be reached from A4 Milan-Venice Motorway (Bergamo Exit).
- By bus: from Milano Lampugnano, Cadorna and Piazza Castello to Bergamo Bus Station via Bus and Nord Est Trasporti. Means of transportation in the Province of Bergamo: http://bergamotrasporti.it . Means of transportation in the Lombardy Region: www.muoversi.regione.lombardia.it.
- By train: Bergamo is connected via train with Milan, Lecco and Brescia. The travelling distance from Milan and Brescia is approx. 50 minutes. The FS city station is located at piazzale Guglielmo Marconi, in the city centre.
- By air: the international Milan Bergamo airport, at only 5 km from the city, is served by various national and international airlines and connected to the city by shuttle bus with frequent departures. The Line 1 ATB bus departs from the airport’s arrivals square every 20 minutes from Monday to Saturday, every 30 minutes on Sunday and holidays. Info ATB Point 035 236026 – firstname.lastname@example.org – ATB
For information concerning hotels, please contact: Roncalli Viaggi – Via Pitentino, 2 – 24124 Bergamo – Ph. +39 035 225501 – Fax +39 035 230005 / email@example.com / www.RoncalliViaggi.it
Yes, an excellent and equipped camper area is located at approx. 1 km from the Start/Finish area at Via Corridoni,123.
What must I do on the Saturday before the granfondo?
Delivery takes place at ExpoFeliceGimondi – Lazzaretto – Piazzale Goisis – Bergamo Stadium – Saturday May 4th, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m-. No delivery of race numbers and packages is allowed on Sunday morning.
Single individuals can pick up their race number and package only by exhibiting the original payment receipt. In case of pick up by another person, the latter must exhibit the payment receipt and an original identity document. About teams, assumed that only one registration has been made previously for all, the team leader only has to show up and exhibit the list of riders and payment receipt. Race numbers for groups of 10 or more riders will be packed all together in order to facilitate delivery. Only upon an explicit request sent via email or fax prior to April 13th, 2019, the race number (not the race package that can be picked up after the granfondo) can be sent to a home address – single shipment made for a fee of € 10.00.
Look for your surname/name on the alphabetic list – large white panel – and take note of the race number assigned to you. Then choose the post where to go: Team post (single registration of more than 10 athletes); Individual Post; Day Card post; Black Jersey track post. Prepare the necessary documents such as the payment receipt or medical certificate.
We attach it to the front race number, no deposit or return is necessary. Just pay attention to place it unfolded on the front tube of your bike’s handlebar! Please note that any cut, fold, rolling or reduction could prevent the Chip from working properly! The following will be measured for each athlete: official time (from the official starting to finish line), real time (from starting line to finish line way), halfway points’ passages and Nembro-Selvino uphill time trial.
The envelope contains:
- The Official Magazine with information on the course, altimetry, climbs and many curiosities linked with the history of Felice Gimondi and the event you are taking part in.
- Back and front race number. The race number is assigned to you based on the registration date (or merits attained in 2018). Please note that the race number is strictly personal and cannot be transferred to third parties, nor altered or modified in its format (it contains the TDS chip). Moreover, please fill out the rear side of the back race number in each and every part. An exact indication of pathologies or intolerances will help the medical service of the Organizing Committee in handling any emergency.
- Adhesive sticker to place on the frame’s horizontal tube, not to forget. The sticker contains all distances in km concerning climbs, refreshment points, mechanical assistance points, and a telephone number – Infopoint- for emergencies: you can immediately locate the nearest point in case of need.
- Pasta Party Voucher: a Ticket free of charge and a Ticket for an accompanying person or relative at the cost of 2.50 Euros (pasta dish with a bottle of mineral water). Profits will be entirely devolved to charity by the Organizing Committee.
- Identifying bracelet to wear on the right arm, entitles you to: entry to the starting grids and refreshment areas, mechanical assistance, “finisher” medal on arrival, parking lot in the Lazzaretto during the pasta party. Is required
The big day: last tips
We set up a special parking space for vehicles: in Monterosso (follow indications on the large yellow signs) from Rondò delle Valli, on the right of the bypass, at approx. 800 mt from the starting line. The camper park is located at Via Corridoni 123 – Bergamo (1 km from the starting line). Bus parking can be found on the east side of the grandstand at the Stadium.
Grid entrance is allowed from 6:10 a.m. to 6:50 a.m. (latecomers will start in the last grid). Starting is foreseen at 7:00 a.m.
Based on the number assigned to you, follow the signs located around the stadium that indicate entrance to the 4 starting grids (1/600;601/1200; 1201/2500; 2501/onwards). Grid entrances will be monitored by volunteers that will check your race number in order to make sure you enter the starting grid assigned to you and that your front race number is properly positioned (unfolded, not cut or altered).
If you are a group of friends and you have different grids but you all wish to start together, you can do so by starting from a rear grid. Riders with a low race number will start in the grid of the team-mates with a higher race number.
The starting and finish lines of the 23rd Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi are at the Bergamo Municipal Stadium in Via Marzabotto, in Bergamo.
The Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi foresees three different courses: 162.1 km, 128.8 km and 89.4 km. Each participant can choose the most suited course during the trial, at his or her discretion.
Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi will take place under any weather condition.
- arrival by 3:30 p.m. for the 162.1 km course (at 8:30 a.m.)
- arrival by 2:00 p.m. for the 128.8 km course (at 7:00 a.m.)
- arrival by 1:00 p.m. for the 89.4 km course (at 6:00 a.m.).
- transit by 11:00 a.m. at Ambria crossroads (71.4 km), hereafter all riders will be redirected on 89.4 km course;
- transit by 11:50 p.m. at Brembilla crossroads (111.2 km), hereafter all riders will be redirected on 128.8 km course.
You cannot be followed by any type of vehicle. Any accompanying forms, relatives, friends, or accompanying persons are strictly prohibited; police and the organizing staff will make sure this rule is strictly complied with.
All sorts of information (km, hazards, refreshment points, mechanical assistance points, course indications) will be given by the signs located on the sides of the road. Suitable transversal banners will indicate the 5 fixed refreshment points and 10 fixed mechanical assistance points. Be alert!
You will find refreshment points along the course, every 35 km or so. All refreshment points will offer water, beverages, hot tea, food supplements, biscuits, chocolate, brioches, tarts, focaccias, dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts. A tip: do not wait to be hungry or thirsty to eat and drink, consume something at each refreshment point to avoid any “critical situation”. Please remember that each refreshment area is located on the side of the road, therefore no on-the-road supplies will be available. Moreover, bottles, tins and similar will not be distributed. You must stop and rest inside the refreshment point, quietly and safely.
The Ecozone is a waste collection area located near the refreshment point, where the riders must compulsorily dispose of water bottles, bottles, snack wraps and waste in general; the Ecozone will be preceded by signs: Start Ecozone – Stop Ecozone. The Organizing Committee, in collaboration with FCI Race Commissioners and the Organizing staff, will make sure that riders do not dispose of waste along the course and outside the Ecozone. Any participants not behaving suitably will be excluded from future editions of Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi.
Yes, there are 10 fixed mechanical assistance points, every 15 km or so (pay attention to the vertical and horizontal signs). We invite all participants to check before departing, that the bag under the saddle contains the essential kit to use in case of a punctured tyre or mechanical problems, to avoid depending exclusively on the mechanical assistance.
Assistance of any kind by accompanying private vehicles is strictly prohibited, under penalty of the athlete’s disqualification.
The organization no longer guarantees any service to the participant beyond the time indicated in the regulations, and the name will not appear in the official classifications.
Yes. The organization will provide “broom” vehicles on all three courses which will transport athletes who withdraw to the finish area, where they can receive further assistance if needed.
Vehicles can transit during the event, therefore the Motorway Code must be respected. G.M.S. asd and the entire Organizing Committee decline any liability for facts that occur before, during and after the event involving the participants, between each other and in relation to third parties.
When crossing the finish line, please do not take your hands off the handlebar for any reason. A few metres after passing the finish line, each participant must follow the lane corresponding to the course taken (short course on the right; medium course in the middle; long course on the left) where the Official “Finisher 2019” medal will be handed out. The medical post will be found on the right, travelling along the lane (in the unfortunate event of physical issues). By cycling a few more metres, you can reach the final refreshment point. You cannot park in the medal area or medical post after crossing the finish line. All participants must be able to transit without any interference in the area. Above all, the organization’s staff and first aid personnel must be able to operate with utmost safety and promptness.
The most is over: what happens at the end of the granfondo?
The technical envelope with the race number also contains the Pasta Party Ticket for admission to the pasta party inside Lazzaretto. Family members and friends can use the same Pasta Party Ticket, paying a small fee (devolved to charity).
Yes, for men and women, inside Lazzaretto – Bergamo Municipal Stadium.
Yes. At the end of the race, you can leave your bicycle in the guarded deposit inside Lazzaretto – Bergamo Municipal Stadium.
In the middle of the grassy area, inside Lazzaretto, you will find the InfoPoint, that is a “Yellow Gazebo” where you can obtain any essential information: falls, withdrawals, urgent communications. You can contact the InfoPoint by phone also during the Granfondo in case of emergencies: 334 6105759.
Inside Lazzaretto, on special panels, in real time you can view a first official draft of the classifications based on the three courses. Moreover, all partial and final classifications are available in real time at ww.tds-live.com. A link to the classifications page will be published in the homepage of website www.felicegimondi.it. Diplomas can also be downloaded in PDF format from the homepage of website www.felicegimondi.com.
The awarding program is divided in two phases. The first phase concerns the delivery of awards to the first three ranked, male and female, on the three courses and will take place upon arrival of the participants of each single race. The awarding ceremony will take place on the stage, in the finish area (via Marzabotto)
- The first 3 (three) ranked in both the men’s and women’s race on the 162.1, 128.8 km and 89.4 km courses must join the stage within 10 minutes after the finish, at the latest. Riders are kindly requested to wear their competition outfit with no additional clothing and to behave appropriately. Anyone not appearing at the awarding ceremony, arriving late or not abiding by the rules will be definitively banned from any future Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi.
The second awarding phase will begin at 2:30 p.m. at the stage inside Lazzaretto and awards will be handed out to:
- the first 3 teams with the highest number of members
- 3 drawn teams
- winners of the 6 F.C.I. categories of the three courses (men’s categories: up to 30 years old/ from 31 to 36 years old/ from 37 to 42 years old/ from 43 to 49 years old/ from 50 to 57 years old/ from 58 years old and above – women’s category: up to 39 years old / from 40 years old and over).
Requests for any changes and/or integrations concerning published classifications will be admitted until May 13th, 2019, by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at +39 035 4227971. The classification will be deemed final after said date.
All photos taken during the granfondo can be viewed one week after the event on website www.fotostudio5.com and can be ordered and purchased through e-cart. For any issue or information contact Foto Studio 5 – Viale Milano, 56/58 – 47042 Cesenatico (Forlì) – Tel. +39 0547 80652 email@example.com