The Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi – Bianchi is open to everyone over 18 (eighteen), of both sexes, member of UCI with a Daily Card.
No, however, people over 65 (sixty five) years of age are only allowed to cycle on the 89.4 km course.
Yes. Anyone not having an annual card from F.C.I. or other Council bodies can subscribe to a Daily F.C.I. Card for a fee of 10.00 Euros; the card is requested upon registration; the card regulates the athlete’s position ensuring him/her multi-risk insurance + third party liability coverage foreseen for annual members, limitedly to the day it is used.
In order to obtain the Daily Card, regardless of the chosen course, pursuant to FCI 2022 regulations, a medical fitness certificate for competitive cycling- may 8th 2022 – is necessary (the certificate must be currently valid) and an Ethic Declaration must be signed (available online at www.felicegimondi.it or at the office of the Organiser’s secretary).
To validate what has been paid for the 2020 edition, it is required an integration of euros 10,00. It is also necessary to send registration form signed and filled in all its parts. Only in this way your registration for the 2022 edition will be validated and confirmed.
To validate what has been paid for the 2021 edition, is necessary to send registration form signed and filled in all its parts. Only in this way your registration for the 2022 edition will be validated and confirmed.
No, registration closes at 24:00 on 16th April 2022.
Yes, even online and with all other methods (even directly at the GMS) it is possible to register more than one participant always using the individual form, taking care to fill it in duly with all the data of the various athletes and proceeding with a single cumulative payment.
Yes, you can register by entering your card details even if no longer valid. Afterwards, in order to be allowed to take part in the granfondo, you must present a valid 2022 card by 16th April 2022
Euro 46.00. It includes: back and front race numbers, official magazine, general information, membership fee, timing service, App WInning Trial per il live tracking, souvenir (medal delivered after the finish), diploma (to download and print from the official web site), pasta-party voucher for the rider and his attendant, medical assistance, technical assistance (no repair parts), massages, refreshments, showers, bicycle parking at arrival, final party, score sent by SMS and e-mail.
Euro 84.00. In addition to the above, the fee includes the 24th official “Felice Gimondi” jersey produced by Santini Sports factory, short sleeve, with exclusive “U.C. Sedrinese” limited edition design.
REGISTRATIONS open on January 18th, 2021 and they can be done directly to the Organizing Committee’s office (G.M.S. asd – Via G. Da Campione, 24/c -24124 Bergamo Italy) or filling the entry form and sending it with the following payment modalities:
- By wire transfer to Banco BPM – Largo Porta Nuova, 24100 Bergamo (Italy) – IBAN: IT53U 05034 11121 0000000 26564 (BIC/SWIFT for international wire transfers: BAPPIT 21 AA1) registered to G.M.S.asd – Via G. Da Campione, 24/c – 24124 Bergamo-Italy- firstname.lastname@example.orgFor payments with bank transfer, please specify the general details of the registered cyclist or cyclists.
- By credit card entering the official website of Felice Gimondi www.it and selecting “online application”.
Payment receipt must be attached to the application form otherwise the registration will not be considered acceptable. Entry form allows the organizer or whoever on his behalf, to assume information (also sensible data) through the competent authority when needed. Such data will be used only to inform relatives.
In case of inaccurate or incomplete data, the Organising Committee will contact you via phone or email (thus it is compulsory to indicate your mobile number and email address). Registration for the 24th Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi 2022 is officially completed by filling out the registration form accurately and completely, and transmitting it to the Organizing Committee.
After 15 working days from your registration, you can check your status by clicking here
Attention: you must notify the 2022 registration details.
Race numbers from no. 601 onwards are exclusively assigned based on the time and date of transmission or submission of the duly completed registration form.
No confirmation letter nor other notices will be sent concerning registrations. Just show up on Saturday May 7th, 2022 at Lazzaretto (Municipal Stadium of Bergamo) from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. with the original payment receipt, the original medical fitness certificate for competitive cycling (if required) and a valid original identity document.
Registration fees are non-refundable. Nonetheless, the registered athlete who can’t take part in the Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi 2022 is offered the possibility to transfer his/her registration to another person. An administration fee of euros 10.00 will be applied. Substitutions will be accepted until April 16th, 2022.
All women, the organising committee’s guests, 31 habituèe, 100 Granfondo Internationale Felice Gimondi Bianchi 2019 best ranked, 2019 Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi’s best ranked first 100 on the 162.1 km course, first 50 on 128.8 km course, first 25 on 89.4 km course (if duly enrolled within April 16th, 2021). The other grids will refer to the registration date. However, the first grid is guaranteed to all assignees having signed up within April 16th, 2022.
- By car: Bergamo can be reached from A4 Milan-Venice Motorway (Bergamo Exit).
- By bus: from Milano Lampugnano, Cadorna and Piazza Castello to Bergamo Bus Station via Bus and Nord Est Trasporti. Means of transportation in the Province of Bergamo: http://bergamotrasporti.it . Means of transportation in the Lombardy Region: www.muoversi.regione.lombardia.it.
- By train: Bergamo is connected via train with Milan, Lecco and Brescia. The travelling distance from Milan and Brescia is approx. 50 minutes. The FS city station is located at piazzale Guglielmo Marconi, in the city centre.
- By air: the international Milan Bergamo airport, at only 5 km from the city, is served by various national and international airlines and connected to the city by shuttle bus with frequent departures. The Line 1 ATB bus departs from the airport’s arrivals square every 20 minutes from Monday to Saturday, every 30 minutes on Sunday and holidays. Info ATB Point 035 236026 – email@example.com – ATB
For information concerning hotels, please contact: Roncalli Viaggi – Via Pitentino, 2 – 24124 Bergamo – Ph. +39 035 225501 – Fax +39 035 230005 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.RoncalliViaggi.it
Delivery takes place at ExpoFeliceGimondi – Lazzaretto – Piazzale Goisis – Bergamo Stadium – Saturday May 7th, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m-. No delivery of race numbers and packages is allowed on Sunday morning.
Single individuals can pick up their race number and package only by exhibiting the original payment receipt. In case of pick up by another person, the latter must exhibit the payment receipt and an original identity document. About teams, assumed that only one registration has been made previously for all, the team leader only has to show up and exhibit the list of riders and payment receipt. Race numbers for groups of 10 or more riders will be packed all together in order to facilitate delivery. Only upon an explicit request sent via email or fax prior to April 16th, 2022, the race number (not the race package that can be picked up after the granfondo) can be sent to a home address – single shipment made for a fee of € 10.00.
Look for your surname/name on the alphabetic list – large white panel – and take note of the race number assigned to you. Then choose the post where to go: Team post (single registration of more than 10 athletes); Individual Post; Day Card post. Prepare the necessary documents such as the payment receipt or medical certificate.
“Official Timing Winning Time” is the company in charge of timing service. Timing and ranking processing system is based on an active transponder (chip). Each rider has to be equipped with a valid personal chip or with a rental daily chip. All necessary information and details about the use of the chip will be posted on the website www.winning time.it. Failure in using the chip or its not proper use will cause the rider not to be timed nor to be listed in the ranking.
The envelope contains:
- The Official Magazine with information on the course, altimetry, climbs and many curiosities linked with the history of Felice Gimondi and the event you are taking part in.
- Back and front race number. The race number is assigned to you based on the registration date (or merits attained in 2018 and 2019). Please note that the race number is strictly personal and cannot be transferred to third parties, nor altered or modified in its format. Moreover, please fill out the rear side of the back race number in each and every part. An exact indication of pathologies or intolerances will help the medical service of the Organizing Committee in handling any emergency.
- Adhesive sticker to place on the frame’s horizontal tube, not to forget. The sticker contains all distances in km concerning climbs, refreshment points, mechanical assistance points, and a telephone number – Infopoint- for emergencies: you can immediately locate the nearest point in case of need.
- Pasta Party Voucher: a Ticket free of charge and a Ticket for an accompanying person or relative at the cost of euros 3.50 (pasta dish with a bottle of mineral water). Profits will be entirely devolved to charity by the Organizing Committee.
- Identifying bracelet to wear on the right arm, entitles you to: entry to the starting grids and refreshment areas, mechanical assistance, “finisher” medal on arrival, parking lot in the Lazzaretto during the pasta party. Is required
We set up a special parking space for vehicles: in Monterosso (follow indications on the large yellow signs) from Rondò delle Valli, on the right of the bypass, at approx. 800 mt from the starting line. The camper park is located at Via Corridoni 123 – Bergamo (1 km from the starting line). Bus parking can be found on the east side of the grandstand at the Stadium.
Grid entrance is allowed from 6:10 a.m. to 6:50 a.m. (latecomers will start in the last grid). Starting is foreseen at 7:00 a.m.
Based on the number assigned to you, follow the signs located around the stadium that indicate entrance to the 5 starting grids (1/600;601/1200; 1201/2500; 2501/onwards; E 1 / E 300). Grid entrances will be monitored by volunteers that will check your race number in order to make sure you enter the starting grid assigned to you and that your front race number is properly positioned (unfolded, not cut or altered).
If you are a group of friends and you have different grids but you all wish to start together, you can do so by starting from a rear grid. Riders with a low race number will start in the grid of the team-mates with a higher race number.
The starting and finish lines of the 24th Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi are at the Bergamo Municipal Stadium in Via Marzabotto, in Bergamo.
The Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi foresees three different courses: 162.1 km, 128.8 km and 89.4 km. Each participant can choose the most suited course during the trial, at his or her discretion.
Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi will take place under any weather condition.
- arrival by 12:00 p.m. for the 89.4 km course (at 5:00 a.m.).
- arrival by 1:00 p.m. for the 128.8 km course (at 6:00 a.m.)
- arrival by 2:30 p.m. for the 162.1 km course (at 7:30 a.m.)
- transit by 10:45 a.m. at Ambria crossroads (71.4 km), hereafter all riders will be redirected on 89.4 km course;
- transit by 11:45 p.m. at Val Brembilla crossroads (111.2 km), hereafter all riders will be redirected on 128.8 km course.
You cannot be followed by any type of vehicle. Any accompanying forms, relatives, friends, or accompanying persons are strictly prohibited; police and the organizing staff will make sure this rule is strictly complied with.
All sorts of information (km, hazards, refreshment points, mechanical assistance points, course indications) will be given by the signs located on the sides of the road. Suitable transversal banners will indicate the 5 fixed refreshment points and 10 fixed mechanical assistance points. Be alert!
You will find refreshment points along the course, every 35 km or so. All refreshment points will offer water, beverages, hot tea, food supplements, biscuits, chocolate, brioches, tarts, focaccias, dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts. A tip: do not wait to be hungry or thirsty to eat and drink, consume something at each refreshment point to avoid any “critical situation”. Please remember that each refreshment area is located on the side of the road, therefore no on-the-road supplies will be available. Moreover, bottles, tins and similar will not be distributed. You must stop and rest inside the refreshment point, quietly and safely.
The Ecozone is a waste collection area located near the refreshment point, where the riders must compulsorily dispose of water bottles, bottles, snack wraps and waste in general; the Ecozone will be preceded by signs: Start Ecozone – Stop Ecozone. The Organizing Committee, in collaboration with FCI Race Commissioners and the Organizing staff, will make sure that riders do not dispose of waste along the course and outside the Ecozone. Any participants not behaving suitably will be excluded from future editions of Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi Bianchi.
Yes, there are 10 fixed mechanical assistance points, every 15 km or so (pay attention to the vertical and horizontal signs). We invite all participants to check before departing, that the bag under the saddle contains the essential kit to use in case of a punctured tyre or mechanical problems, to avoid depending exclusively on the mechanical assistance.
Assistance of any kind by accompanying private vehicles is strictly prohibited, under penalty of the athlete’s disqualification.
The organization no longer guarantees any service to the participant beyond the time indicated in the regulations, and the name will not appear in the official classifications.
Yes. The organization will provide “broom” vehicles on all three courses which will transport athletes who withdraw to the finish area, where they can receive further assistance if needed.
Vehicles can transit during the event, therefore the Motorway Code must be respected. G.M.S. asd and the entire Organizing Committee decline any liability for facts that occur before, during and after the event involving the participants, between each other and in relation to third parties.
When crossing the finish line, please do not take your hands off the handlebar for any reason. A few metres after passing the finish line, each participant must follow the lane corresponding to the course taken (short course on the right; medium course in the middle; long course on the left) where the Official “Finisher 2022” medal will be handed out. The medical post will be found on the right, travelling along the lane (in the unfortunate event of physical issues). By cycling a few more metres, you can reach the final refreshment point. You cannot park in the medal area or medical post after crossing the finish line. All participants must be able to transit without any interference in the area. Above all, the organization’s staff and first aid personnel must be able to operate with utmost safety and promptness.
The technical envelope with the race number also contains the Pasta Party Ticket for admission to the pasta party inside Lazzaretto. Family members and friends can use the same Pasta Party Ticket, paying a small fee (devolved to charity).
Yes, for men and women, inside Lazzaretto – Bergamo Municipal Stadium.
Yes. At the end of the race, you can leave your bicycle in the guarded deposit inside Lazzaretto – Bergamo Municipal Stadium.
In the middle of the grassy area, inside Lazzaretto, you will find the InfoPoint, that is a “Yellow Gazebo” where you can obtain any essential information: falls, withdrawals, urgent communications. You can contact the InfoPoint by phone also during the Granfondo in case of emergencies: ph 334 6105759.
Inside Lazzaretto, on special panels, in real time you can view a first official draft of the classifications based on the three courses. Moreover, all partial and final classifications are available in real time at ww.winningtime.it. A link to the classifications page will be published in the homepage of website www.felicegimondi.it. Diplomas can also be downloaded in PDF format from the homepage of website www.felicegimondi.it.
The awarding program is divided in two phases. The first phase concerns the delivery of awards to the first three ranked, male and female, on the three courses and will take place upon arrival of the participants of each single race. The awarding ceremony will take place on the stage, in the finish area (via Marzabotto)
- The first 3 (three) ranked in both the men’s and women’s race on the 162.1, 128.8 km and 89.4 km courses must join the stage within 10 minutes after the finish, at the latest. Riders are kindly requested to wear their competition outfit with no additional clothing and to behave appropriately. Anyone not appearing at the awarding ceremony, arriving late or not abiding by the rules will be definitively banned from any future Granfondo Internazionale Felice Gimondi.
The second awarding phase will begin at 2:30 p.m. at the stage inside Lazzaretto and awards will be handed out to:
- the first 3 teams with the highest number of members
- 3 drawn teams
- 100 prize draws among all participants
Requests for any changes and/or integrations concerning published classifications will be admitted until May 19th, 2022, by sending an email at email@example.com. The classification will be deemed final after said date.
All photos taken during the Granfondo can be viewed about one week after the event on the website www.phototoday.it and can be ordered and purchased through e-cart. For any issue or information contact PHOTOTODAY SRLS – Via Trasimeno 18/4 – 20128 Milano – firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.phototoday.it/contatti/